Vichyssoise of Wild Garlic
500g Wild Garlic, finely chopped
200g Jersey Royal Potatoes, peeled and finely sliced
2 Italian Onions, peeled and finely sliced
Confit Garlic Puree
10 Bulbs Garlics
Fresh Cow’s Curd
- Sweat the onions in butter and salt
- Add potatoes until softened.
- Add the milk, stock and cream and bring to the boil over a high heat
- Add wild garlic, bring back to the boil for another few minutes. Remove from heat and blend until smooth.
- Pass the mix through a chinois over ice to chill.
- Wrap 10 x bulbs of garlic in foil with Maldon salt (to season) and cook for 1 ½ hours at 180 C.
- Allow it to cool, before adding it to a piping bag.
Serve the chilled soup in a bowl and add a drop of garlic puree on top. For an extra treat, add a spoonful of fresh cow’s curd into the centre of the bowl.